Who Should I See for Treatment After a Car Accident?

February 15, 2015

Where Should I Go for Medical Treatment After I’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident?

If you were hurt in a car accident but not transported to a hospital from the scene, you may be wondering who you should see about your injuries. Whether you’ve been moderately hurt or just want to be checked over by a medical professional, you might choose to go to:

  • The emergency room. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, it is an emergency—and the ER will be equipped to deal with any injuries that have resulted from a wreck and make sure you get the care you need. If you’re at all unsure where you should go for treatment after an accident, the ER is always a wise choice.
  • Your family doctor. If you are able to get an appointment within a day or two of the accident and are sure you are safe to wait that long, you can see someone from your family physician’s office. However, if there’s any question, you shouldn’t wait. Your doctor’s office may even instruct you to head to the ER first.
  • An urgent care or walk-in clinic. If you only suffered minor injuries or have questions about worsening or late-appearing symptoms, you may choose to walk in at an urgent-care clinic for prompt treatment and medical guidance.

The most important part is that you are seen and receive treatment for your injuries. You should seek treatment as soon as possible after an accident, even if you aren’t sure if your injuries require treatment. Make sure you tell the doctors that you were hurt in an accident, and follow their instructions for follow-up appointments and care.

If you have been involved in an accident and aren’t sure what happens next, you can start getting clear answers today. Reach out to our law office at 312-332-1400, or take a moment to request your free copy of our easy-to-understand book, The 8 Steps to Follow After Your Illinois Car Accident.

Get Answers, Contact Us Now REQUEST A CONSULTATION
OR CALL NOW 312-332-1400