As you sit by your loved one’s bedside, it can be hard to predict all of the possible costs of a brain injury. It is difficult to imagine all of the emotional, physical, and financial repercussions of a doctor’s negligence. However, it is also important to plan for the future after a medical malpractice incident changes the course of your life.
The Costs You Could Incur
Every individual is unique and so too is every brain injury; it is not possible for us to provide you with the specific cost of your loved one’s brain injury in a blog post. However, we can encourage you to think about the following costs:
- Medical costs. Your loved one’s ongoing medical care may be expensive. Hospital stays in Chicago, rehabilitation therapies, nursing home costs, in-home health care, and other costs can add up very quickly.
- Lost income. If your loved one can no longer earn the money he earned prior to his accident, that is a significant cost to your family.
- Emotional suffering. There is no price that can be put on the emotional suffering that your loved one has to endure because of the negligence of a doctor or hospital.
- Physical pain. The pain can be excruciating and limit what your loved one can do after a brain injury.
- Out-of-pocket costs. The costs of household help in your Chicago-area home can be expensive.
- Other damages. Think about all of your costs, and talk to your lawyer about how to recover for them.
We can also encourage you to find out how to recover for these costs and make a fair recovery.
Get Started Today
Don’t let these costs add up without getting the relief that you deserve. Instead, learn how you can take care of your loved one, yourself, and your family by reading our FREE book, What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt by Your Doctors or Hospital.