Help Your Attorney Maximize Your Compensation From Your Chicago Auto Accident
After a serious Chicago vehicle accident, it can be very difficult trying to decide whether or not to hire an attorney to help you.
Throughout this website, the reputable lawyers at Lane Brown discuss the numerous reasons why hiring counsel can make all the difference in obtaining a settlement to compensate you for your injuries. But what a lot of people do not know are the ways that clients can help their own case. We’ve compiled a list of the top ways that you can help your attorneys obtain a successful outcome in your personal injury claim. Let’s take a look:
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Feel free to talk to your attorney about anything from how you are feeling to the doctors you are seeing, to any questions that you may have. The more information that is shared between the law firm and your family, the better.
- Do not fall off the face of the earth. If you have a change in address, phone number or email please let us know right away. There are very strict deadlines that must be met in personal injury claims, and we must be able to get a hold of you at all times.
- Never sign ANYTHING without first consulting with your attorney. This is especially true when it comes to documents you have received from the at-fault party’s insurance company, including, but not limited to, medical authorizations or settlement statements.
- Do not let the at-fault party’s insurance adjuster talk you into giving a recorded statement, unless your attorney is on the line with you. By refusing to give a recorded statement, you eliminate the risk of disclosing information that is private and completely unrelated to your injury.
- Let us know when you finish treatment with a medical provider. Once you are cleared to stop physical therapy or you are no longer going to have any additional surgeries performed by a specific surgeon, let your attorney know so that they can order your medical records and corresponding bills immediately.
Want to learn more ways to help your lawyer help you after a vehicle accident? Contact the skilled attorneys at Lane Brown by calling 312-332-1400, or fill out the secure online form.